Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What a Difference Chocolate Can Make!

Well, it's been quite a while since I've added anything to my blog.  It's not that I haven't thought about it, I've just been totally immersed in my new job.  I LOVE IT! I mean what's not to love?  It's home parties with chocolate as the main ingredient for heaven's sake!  And not just any chocolate - Lindor Truffles, Excellence Bars, Pralines ... my taste buds think they have died and gone to heaven! Who knew learning a product line could be so much fun!

Now, although I've worked with different products as a part of my career for over 29 years, my new colleagues neglected to warn me about a few consequences of this product line.  Things like, once you've made hot chocolate using premium chocolate, you'll never be able to go back to Swiss Miss again. Seriously?  Water and chocolate flavored powder?  Never again.  Or, that dude Duncan Hines?  Yeah, he had no clue what real chocolate brownies should taste like. No more brownies or cakes from a box.  And, I just thought Mozart was an amazing composer. I had no idea there's a chocolate temptation that bears his name. To think that during all those years of piano lessons, when my mom asked me what I was working on, I could have answered Mozart and been telling the absolute truth as I popped chocolate into my face!  My piano playing wouldn't have improved, but I would have had lots more fun practicing!

But beyond just enjoying amazing tastes, my new job has opened the door to lots of other emotions.  For example, the home office is in the beautiful northeast and my eyes were treated to oranges, reds and yellows so vibrant they could make a person cry from the sheer beauty.  Next, along the exit ramp on the highway, was a line of bittersweet bushes that wore deep orange berries like a fur coat.  They triggered a memory of picking bittersweet with my mom when I was a girl and just the sight of those bushes brought her alive once again for me for a few fleeting minutes - it was pure joy. Finally, I step out of my car to enter the home office, and take a deep breath and I am treated to the aroma of chocolate being created - oh my!  What a change from taking a whiff of cars cooling off in a parking lot! A smile takes over my face and what a great way to start the day at work - smiling!!

So, I'm loving life right now - at least in the career department!  I'm so looking forward to our launch and watching many find laughter and joy and earn money while they're at it! And heck, when it comes to learning the product line, well it's just like the song says ... "I've Only Just Begun"! Well, gotta run, I hear a Truffle calling my name! MMMMMMM.......silky, milk chocolate!! Catch you later my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment