Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Turning a Page


Well according to the dates of my posts, it's been nearly two years since I've been out here!  Unreal! It also appears that I seem to blog when my life is about to change in some dramatic way.  Well, that's true again! I am about to embark upon a new journey in my professional life and I'm truly excited! I can't disclose the details just yet, announcements need to be made first, but in the next few days I can spill the beans.

At any rate, this latest development has caused me to think about my life and the turns it has taken.  I'm quickly approaching the magic age of 60 and while that freaks me out just a bit, there's not a darn thing I can do about it!  So I embrace it and as the character Jed Bartlett of West Wing used to say, I say "What's next?"

At a time when many of my friends are retiring, I feel as though I'm just getting started! I want to share my experience and make a difference in someone's life - not just sit back and look back at all that I have done and accomplished.  Who says you have to slow down?  It must be something in the family genes that is driving me.  In a few of my previous posts I have talked about my sister Cathy.  She has always been an example of all that is good and giving.  She continues to be my hero in so many ways and she too apparently has 'this need to keep working' gene.  Cathy is three years older than me and has been an elementary school teacher for 41 years. She "retired"  at the end of the 2011-2012 school year. But when September rolled around after her retirement, she was right back in the school, not as a full time teacher, but as a tutor!  When we asked her if she remembered she had retired, she simply replied, "I have chalk in my blood, I just want to be with the kids!"

I guess while she has chalk in her blood, I must have direct sales in mine.  I spent 30 years on the corporate side of direct selling, left it and founded my own company Next Steps Motivation and Marketing and have loved it for the past 2 years.  But here I am again, heading back into the corporate arena and so excited about it I can hardly stand it!  Just the thought of partnering with a sales field again has me grinning from ear to ear.  The corporate team I will be working with is extraordinary!  The product line is amazing! The location is nothing short of stunning! And I will have the opportunity to put my experience to work as I coach and guide women who will find success and make a difference in someone's life.  What's not to be excited about?

So, I will turn another page in my life and begin again with passion,energy and enthusiasm beyond measure. Something tells me I'll be back out here writing more and more often as this next chapter unfolds and I can't contain my excitement.  I hope you'll join me for the ride!

1 comment:

  1. The intrigue is killing me!!! Out with it, girlfriend!! :)

    ReplyDelete